Monday, December 3, 2007

What Dreams May Come

Last night I had such a nice dream -
I was seated in a restaurant, and the waiter brought me a paper bag of candy and said it was from Lance, and that Lance said it was a clue meant to help me find him. Lance wanted me to go find him right then. Immediately, I had such a wonderful feeling, one of excitement and anticipation. So, I rushed away, and somehow knew that I was supposed to go in the mall and find Lance in front of a candy store. I was rushing through this really large, maze-like mall, looking every which way as I went. As I rounded a corner, I glimpsed Lance out of the corner of my eye, and I knew he had seen me at exactly the same moment. He was wearing this really cool shirt that I had never seen before, but I knew was perfect for him. I was so happy to see him, and he was so happy to see me. We rushed towards each other and hugged & kissed.

I was awakened right then by Noelle, but still retained that amazingly happy feeling. I just felt so much love and thankfulness for Lance. I've felt that way all morning. I'm glad I had that dream, but I don't know why I don't feel this way every day.

A few years ago I had another dream, which was quite different, but had a similar effect. I was in my parents' pool with Connor, who was about a year old. All my family, Lance, and his family were there, too. Somehow it became known to me that Lance & I were not married, and Lance was actually married to a lady named Anne (she was also there, sitting by the pool, looking very unhappy). I said that can't be, because Lance & I have a baby - Connor. I wanted to raise Connor with him; I wanted to be married to him. Lance's sister tried to explain to me that I could never be married to Lance. I was so sad; I was in anguish. When I woke up and realized it was a dream, I was so happy & thankful to be married to Lance. I just wanted to hold him and never let go.

Have you ever had a dream that made you thankful?

2 comments:

Lance said...

I Love You, Laura! I am writing this with a cool shirt on!

Keri said...

I have had a couple of dreams like that. One was years ago, before David and I were even dating, but we were friends, and I had been going through something painful with another guy and I dreamed that the other guy had hurt me and that I went to David's apartment and he just let me sit on his couch and feel safe. That safe feeling was for real, too, though, and it helped me know that marrying him was the right thing to do. My mom told me a long time ago that when my dad asked her to marry him, she couldn't give him an answer right away, but that night when she went to bed she looked at his picture on her nightstand and she "just felt safe."

A long-winded comment on your sweet post. I'm happy that you and Lance found each other. We both think the world of you all! :)