Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Noelle Elise is born - December 20, 2007


This is Connor meeting his baby sister Noelle for the first time. We are in the hospital, and Noelle is a little less than one day old. I think she looks a lot like Connor did when he was a baby. She's just a little smaller (she was 7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in; Connor was 9 lbs 3 oz).
My labor, delivery, & recovery with Noelle went better than with any of my other kids. We left the hospital when Noelle was 24 hours old. I drove her to the pediatrician's office the next day.
Because her face was bruised during delivery, her doctor was worried about jaundice. This is why I had to take her to the doctor when she was 2 days old. Her bilirubin level was high, her weight was low, and I was instructed to supplement her with formula until my milk came in. I did, she thrived, and now our only problem is that she prefers the bottle to nursing. I pump and she always gets my milk, and I try to nurse her at almost every feeding. She is improving her nursing skill, and although she screams and protests occassionaly, I usually do get her to nurse.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, Laura! I'm so excited. Your new blog looks great amd I really think you'll like having it. I can't wait to read about your "new world." :)
Love, Keri

Lisa said...

Hi Laura! Congratulations on your new baby girl. I can't wait to meet her! I look forward to reading more on your blog!