Friday, January 26, 2007

End of the Spear

I just finished watching the movie called "End of the Spear" last night (during a 3 am feeding). What an awesome movie. I wanted to see this when it was in the theaters, but I never made it. That's probably for the best, since I shed so many tears watching it last night. The tears weren't of sadness, just overwhelming emotion. Then, at 4 am, when Noelle was back asleep, I could not fall asleep. The movie is much more than the brief description on the DVD case, and more than I expected. What enormous faith those Christian missionaries had. Faith seems too small a word to describe it, as they risked their lives doing what God calls all of us to do. The risks the wives took affected me the most, as they supported their husbands, then risked the lives of their children as well as their own to complete the mission their husbands began. I don't think I could do it, yet that question lingers within me.

If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. It is not for children, as there are very violent scenes.

No comments: