Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A father's love

I hope you all have read Lance's latest blog entry about Noelle. My first thought after reading it was that it was a bit too sappy. But, the more I thought about it, the happier I was that he wrote it. I think there is a special love a father has for his daughter, and our culture does not really encourage men to write about it. I know my dad loved me so much, and not that I need it, but I would really treasure something written by him about me. So, all you dads out there, I encourage you to write periodically about your children, and how much you love them. Keep it somewhere safe and they can have it after you're gone.

4 comments:

Lance said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again! Thank you for your loving comments regarding my latest post. (Was that too sappy?) :)

oofie goofie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oofie goofie said...

Good advice! Maybe you could start a journal of memories about him, and add to it as other memories surface. Then you'll have clear memories to share with your children and grandchildren.

Laura said...

Thanks Ruth! I love that idea!