Saturday, July 7, 2007

Slipping into the past

Something I'm struggling with right now is the way my dad is slipping into the past. He's becoming part of history. I know this is how it works, but it's difficult to process.

Thinking of family members who are alive is so different from thinking of ones who are not. It's like when I finish a really, really good book and I don't want it to end because I want to know more about what the characters do after the final words. My dad's book is over, and it ended so suddenly, without a nice wrap-up. Like someone snatched it out of my hands while I was in the middle of reading it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sure it is hard to know life is still going on...that you and your family are making new memories without your wonderful father. I wish I could have read more of the book of his life too!It's neat to think this part of his story is really the climax-being with the Lord! Thanks for sharing your heart! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about a good book coming to an end and you not wanting it to. I don't know how you feel or how hard it is with your Dad gone. May God grant you grace and comfort you as you mourn the ending of your Dad's story as a pilgrim passing through. I hope that it is reassuring to know that the sequel to his sotry has such a happy ending.