Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting was beautiful


I had the nicest time voting this morning. When Noelle & I showed up to our voting location, there was a very small line out the door. So, we stood in the cheery morning sunlight and were completely blessed with the most beautiful fall colors. Oh, the trees right now are brilliant shades of yellow, orange & red, and these beautiful woods surrounded the parking lot. I wished that we could have stayed outside longer than the 5 minutes it took us to make it inside.

Noelle was so good, staying right with me. Behind us in line was a nice retired couple, and the lady was wearing a pretty fall sweater that had a little pumpkin hanging from the zipper. Oh how Noelle loved that little pumpkin.

Since I waited until late morning to vote, most people who voted with me were retired, stay-at-home moms, or disabled. The volunteers were delightful. I was so happy, not only to be living in our country where I have the right to vote, but to be living way out here in the "country" where there are such nice people. Everyone was so nice & friendly, I almost was sad that I was there only a short amount of time.

No comments: