Saturday, October 18, 2008

Noelle's Honey

Noelle is almost 22 months old, and her language and vocabulary are growing rapidly. One of my favorite things she is saying right now is ending a request with "honey." For instance:

"I wanna walk, honey."
"I wanna drink, honey."

Lance & I don't really think we say "honey" all that often. We feel like we call her sweetheart, darling, baby, or stinker much more than honey. And if we do use it, we usually start our sentences with it, like "Honey, I'm sorry but you cannot have any more."

Made cuter is that sometimes Noelle stresses the "honey" at the end of her sentence when she really wants something. Many times in Walmart, she repeats "I wanna eat pepperoni, honey" until she is tired of asking nicely and starts saying "I wanna eat pepperoni, HO-NEEEE!!!" I can't help but laugh.

2 comments:

Keri said...

That is so funny, honey. :)

Anonymous said...

Laura, do you and Lance call one another Honey? I've noticed the boys pick up on that and call us honey or sweetie. Thanks for sharing.